Mascarpone cheese cream Italian way
This is a very typical easy Italian cream: mascarpone cheese cream. It is a multi-purpose sweet and easy solution for a special dessert: you can use it as a complementary cream for cakes, pies, panettone, pandora, cookies and so on. Moreover, you may add this mascarpone cheese cream to sliced fresh fruit, even better berries with vanilla ice cream.
It is commonly used for Easter desserts
Finally, you can have it by itself together with some sweet wine or dessert wine. The best dessert wines that I personally suggests are Marsala or Zibibbo, very sweet liquory wines from Sicily.
Any way you will decide to serve this mascarpone cheese cream it will be a success!
- 500 grams of Mascarpone – 4 cups
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and place them in two bowls. For the whites, choose a larger bowl
- Add a pinch of salt to the eggs white and whip, better using an electric mixer. Tip: the salt will help to have the whites better whipped, and the cream even more tasty
- Whip the yolks with the sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy
- Add the whipped yolks to the Mascarpone and continue to mix until the ingredients are well blended
- Add the mixture to the egg whites previously whipped
- Mix with a spatula (and absolutely not with an electric mixer) from the bottom to the top in order to obtain a final cream very soft and creamy
- Cover the bowl with a plastic film and keep in fridge for at least 2 hours, then serve it
- Enjoy your mascarpone cheese cream and Buon Appetito with Easy Italian Cuisine!