Chicken with olives and cherry tomatoes: the Ligurian recipe
Ligury is a region in the north west part of Italy with amazing products as olives, tomatoes and wonderful extra virgin olive oil. Chicken with olives aims to embrace the whole intensity of those Italian traditional flavors and mix them together. The chicken is a little dry by nature and the olives and the tomatoes are able to get the chicken more tender and soft. The herbs and species add a characteristic mediterranean scent and the toasted pine nuts introduce an aggressive smoked touch.
To complete your Ligurian meal there is nothing better that a red wine from that region: a Colli di Levanto DOC
- 500 grams of chicken into pieces (for example: 6 thighs)
- 20 grams/ 2 tablespoons of black olives without bone
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon toasted pine nuts
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 150 grams / a cup of cherry tomatoes
- a few leaves of sage
- thyme and rosemary
- a glass of white wine
- Heat the oil with the garlic cloves slightly crushed in a pan
- Add the chicken, some rosemary, thyme and sage
- Sauté over high heat brown the thighs by doing all the parts. Pour the wine and let it reduce a little over a high heat ; season with a pinch of salt.
- Add the tomatoes cut into small pieces
- Continue cooking for 25/40 minutes in covered pan and heat, checking if is needed a little more wine
- Five minutes before the end of cooking, add the pine nuts and black olives
- Serve the chicken with its own sauce and some rice
- Enjoy your chicken with olives and Buon Appetito with Easy Italian Cuisine!