Eggplant pizza recipe – The Italian vegetarian pizza
Do you love pizza but you are struggling with carbs? Here is the solution: eggplant pizza recipe! A recipe to make an appetizer or side as tasty as a regular pizza but with the healthiness of the eggplants!
This dish is as traditionally Italian as the regular pizza and it is totally vegetarian! It can be tasted warm or cold, and it is a fantastic snack for a perfect happy hour or brunch with friends! To match any kind of taste and dietary restrictions you can serve this vegetarian pizza together with a regular one, see here the recipe!
As for regular pizza, the perfect beverage for this dish is a beer. A blonde fresh beer that perfectly matches the taste of the eggplant pizza!
- 2 long eggplants
- 1 small mozzarella
- 1 small smoked mozzarella
- 4 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons of capers (optional)
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- Wash the eggplants and remove the stem
- Cut the eggplant into thick slices, about 1 cm
- Put the eggplant in a bowl, put some salt on them and stir. Let them rest 2 hours in order to lose some liquid
- Meanwhile slice the fresh mozzarella as well the the smoked mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 180 Celsius degrees / 350 Farenheit degrees
- Drain the eggplant slices and put them on a pan, grill them for 5 minutes on both sides
- Put baking paper on a baking pan, and anoint with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil
- Arrange the eggplant slices on the baking pan
- On each slice of eggplant put in order: 1 teaspoon of tomato sauce, a bit ‘of oregano or 2 / 3 capers, a spoon of mozzarella mixture prepared before
- Grease with the remaining olive oil
- Bake for about 10 minutes
- Enjoy your eggplant pizza and Buon Appetito with Easy Italian Cuisine!
You can also add on top some arugula pesto, to make it even more tasty and vegatarian!