Savoury pie recipe with rice and peas – the Spring dish
When spring comes I feel like a want something fresh and delicate but at the same time nutrient. This savoury pie recipe achieve this objective, mixing a soft dough stuffed with nutrient ingredients.
This dish is also a perfect appetizer for a fabulous easter meal.
Together with this, my suggestion is to drink a fresh fruity cocktail, as a Bellini a famous Italian cocktail made of peach juice and prosecco.
- 2 cups of rice
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 spoons of tomato passata
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups grated parmesan
- 6 spoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Boil the rice and drain it
- At the same time boil the peas, adding 1 glass of water, 2 cloves of garlic, salt and 2 spoons of Extra Virgin Oil
- When the peas are ready, drain them and add them to the drained rice. Put all in the fridge, because this mixture must be cold before adding it to the eggs
- In a large bowl put the eggs, add a little grated ginger, parmesan and the 2 spoons of crushed tomato sauce
- Whip the mixture
- Chop the parsley
- Add the cold mixture of rice and peas and the chopped parsley, and mix well
- Put 3 or 4 extra virgin oil spoons in a large non-stick pan
- Warm it and when the oil is hot add the eggs with rice and peas
- Cook the mixture well on both sides and let it cool before serving
- Enjoy your savory pie recipe and Buon Appetito with Easy Italian Cuisine!