Bruschetta, an Italian super classic dish as Featured Recipe, by Vidya Hosted Chef
This week Bruschetta, agin! The lovely Vidya of Traditionally Modern Food is giving us her superb recipe that will make everybody truly happy. And for other fantastic dishes follow her on her blog and on her FB page!
Vidya now tells us her story:
I love Italian cuisine. It allows me to experiment with numerous flavors on Pizza, Pasta and bread. I feel excited at the thought of creamy pasta flavored with seasoning, olive oil and veggies. We have something from Italian Cuisine regularly in our menu at home.
Bruschetta is one of our favorite Italian starters. Whenever we visit Italian restaurants, Bruschetta is our default order. Some dishes are easy to cook and have minimal ingredients – bruschetta is one among them.
Preparation Time: 5 mins | Cooking Time : 15 mins | Serves: 2
Recipe Category: Appetizers & Snacks
Garlic Bread – 7 slices
Garlic – 2 pods, Finely Minced
Red Grape Tomatoes- 1 pint, Halved Lengthwise
Dry basil – 1 tsp (Fresh basil is preferred. Since I didn’t have them, I used dry basil)
Salt – as needed
Italian Seasoning – 1/2 tsp (Optional)
Olive oil – 1/2 tsp
- Add olive oil to the skillet, over medium-high heat. Add garlic and stir for about a minute. When garlic becomes golden brown, switch off the stove. Add tomato, salt and basil, give a gentle mix. Transfer into a mixing bowl and allow to cool. Cover and refrigerate for an hour or two, if possible
- Before serving, give the tomato mixture a final stir, and spoon generously over the slices of Garlic bread
- I have used Grape tomatoes. You can also use chopped regular tomatoes/cherry tomatoes
- I have tossed the tomatoes. Fresh tomatoes can be used as well
- I tried this with French bread. It can be made with any other bread
As you may see, the simpliest the better! Buon appetito, enjoy it and a huge THANKS to Vidja for sharing with us her recipe!