Italian ricotta cheesecake recipe with Mascarpone
The lightness of the ricotta and the creaminess of the mascarpone melted together in this real Italian ricotta cheesecake recipe!
This recipe has been written by my sister in law and it is a way to cook the cheesecake keeping it light and soft, with the upside that it tastes even better the following days! The secret of the amazing taste is in the way it is cooked, you let the jam cool down after cooking in the oven in order to perfectly mix with the cheese cream.
The best way to taste this kind of cake is with a dessert liquor, something from the south of Italy like Malvasia from Lipari (the pearl of Eolie islands) or Passito from Pantelleria, a beautiful island next to Sicily. This cake can be also prepared for brunches on Sunday afternoon to surprise your friends, together with a glass of icy orange juice!
- 3 eggs
- 2 sugar spoons
- 180 gr biscuits digestive like
- 80 gr butter
- 250 gr ricotta cheese
- 250 gr mascarpone cheese
- 300 gr fruit jam (strawberry or blackberry or raspberry)
- Put all the biscuits and the butter in the mixer and reduce all to a well dome mix
- Cover with a baking paper a baking pan with a diameter of 20-22 cm and put in the mix creating a base for your cheese-cake
- Beat until stiff 3 egg white with a sugar spoon, then 3 egg red with a second sugar spoon, and mix all of them with the ricotta and the mascarpone
- Put into the oven at 190° degrees for 20 minutes, then switch off the oven and let the your cake inside it for other 10 minutes
- Once is baked, wait al least 30 minutes before covering with the jam – let it rest for 24 hours in the fridge, and then enjoy it!
- Enjoy your Italian ricotta cheesecake recipe and Buon Appetito from Easy Italian Cuisine!