Italian savory muffin recipe with tuna and ricotta
Easter is coming and Easy Italian Cuisine is preparing many recipes to help you enjoy it with your families. This savory muffin recipe is a perfect union between past and present. In the past this kind of dough was used to prepare savory pie or bread for Easter meals. Today we are showing to you the same traditional recipe but applied to a more modern concept: the muffin!
These muffins are very easy to prepare and remain tasty and soft; they can be prepared the day before they are served and can be tasted cold or warm. They are perfect together with fresh salad and tomatoes.
We suggest pairing the savory muffin with a white wine from Umbria a region in the center of Italy, for example a Torgiano DOC.
Here is what you need for your savory muffin recipe:
- 250 grams/4 cups of ricotta
- 100 grams/ 1 cup of parmesan
- 100 grams/1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 400 grams/3 cups of canned tuna
- 2 eggs
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 2 spoons of capers
- Ginger and nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- 6 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Balsamic vinegar
- Put ricotta, parmesan, breadcrumbs (expect for one spoon that will need later), canned tuna, eggs, parsley, capers, garlic in a food processor
- Add a little bit of grated ginger and nutmeg
- Activate the food processor and mix well
- Turn on the oven and set to 180 C degrees (360 F degrees)
- On the bottom of each cup of a muffin baking pan add half of a teaspoon of oil and few breadcrumbs
- Fill the muffin baking pan with the mixture from the food processor
- Add few breadcrumbs on top of each little muffin
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Let them rest 10 minutes minimum before serving them
- To make the dish even more pretty, add at the bottom some salad and on top few drops of balsamic vinegar
- Enjoy your savory muffin recipe and Buon Appetito with Easy Italian Cuisine!