Chocolate cake with dried fruit Italian country style
- Again a Saturday night dinner with friends, and again I cooked a cake.
- This simple and delicious cake not only makes hally every chocolate lover , but allows to successfully recycle the dry bread.
- It ‘ a very old recipe from northern Italy countryside, and my grandmother was used to prepare it for me for breaks.
- Here what you need: Stale bread 300 g, Fresh milk 1 lt, 2 eggs, Bitter cocoa powder 70 grams, Sugar 120 gr, Raisins 70 gr, Pine nuts 50 gr, Nuts 50g, Butter 50 gr, Cream 100 cl.
- First of all, cut into little chunks the stale bread , put it in a large bowl and then pour the milk, pine nuts, walnuts and raisins and mix well all the ingredients with a wooden spoon.Leave to soak the bread in milk for 3-4 hours or even a night . Occasionally stir so that all the bread absorbs the milk and well soften.After this time , turn on your oven to 180 degrees . Push the now soft bread with a spoon or a fork to break it even more , add the cocoa.
Stir well and add the sugar and eggs.
Stir again and finally add the butter softned in the oven. The final cream should be be quite liquid.
Stir and then pour into a round mold covered with parchment paper.
Bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for one hour. Remove from oven and let cool completely. The day after the cake is even better.
Serve is with wipped cream, and enjoy it!