Tomato cream sauce recipe: a vegetarian dish from Tuscany
Tonight I came back home late from work, so I decided to cook something very easy that my friends from Tuscany suggested: tomato cream sauce recipe!
This typical Tuscan dish is called “Pappa col pomodoro”: it can be a soup or a cream, it is perfect warm or cold and it is amazing with bruschetta or crostoni!
What to say more, oh yeah! This tomato cream sauce recipe takes no more than 10 minutes!
- 500 g of super ripe red tomatoes
- 300 grams of stale bread
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 spoons of extra virgin olive
- abundant basil
- half of a tablespoon of oregano
- Cut the bread in pieces and chop tomatoes very finely
- Chop the garlic too
- In a saucepan put 2 tablespoons of oil and add the bread, the tomatoes, the garlic and salt
- Cover with water and add half of a tablespoon of oregano
- Put the lid on the pot and simmer for at least half an hour, adding a little bit of water if needed
- In the meantime chop the basil
- The tomato cream should be ready in around 10 minutes, anyway you will see that because the bread will be melted perfectly
- Add the basil, mix and let it rest for about 10 minutes
- Serve with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin oil
- Enjoy the tomato cream sauce recipe and Buon Appetito from Easy Italian Cuisine!