Tomato cream sauce recipe: a vegetarian dish from Tuscany
Tonight I came back home late from work, so I decided to cook something very easy that my friends from Tuscany suggested: tomato cream sauce recipe!
This typical Tuscan dish is called “Pappa col pomodoro”: it can be a soup or a cream, it is perfect warm or cold and it is amazing with bruschetta or crostoni!
What to say more, oh yeah! This tomato cream sauce recipe takes no more than 10 minutes!
- 500 g of super ripe red tomatoes
- 300 grams of stale bread
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 6 spoons of extra virgin olive
- abundant basil
- half of a tablespoon of oregano
- Cut the bread in pieces and chop tomatoes very finely
- Chop the garlic too
- In a saucepan put 2 tablespoons of oil and add the bread, the tomatoes, the garlic and salt
- Cover with water and add half of a tablespoon of oregano
- Put the lid on the pot and simmer for at least half an hour, adding a little bit of water if needed
- In the meantime chop the basil
- The tomato cream should be ready in around 10 minutes, anyway you will see that because the bread will be melted perfectly
- Add the basil, mix and let it rest for about 10 minutes
- Serve with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin oil
- Enjoy the tomato cream sauce recipe and Buon Appetito from Easy Italian Cuisine!
Looks so good!!! Very new for me! Might have to try it!
We love it and is also a perfect gorgeous recipe to recycle the no used bred! If you will try I will be grateful to get your comment! Have a wonderful day xxx
That looks amazing!
LikeLiked by 1 person