Risotto Parmesan and Zucchini Flower recipe
The zucchini flowers are considered something special in Italy and there are several ways to cook and taste them. This zucchini flower recipe wants to focus on the taste living the flowers as pure as possible through the cooking process. You will taste the flavor and the scent of this fantastic organic ingredients.
The risotto is typical in the north of Italy and this zucchini flower recipe is from my dear friend Susanna. We use to cook it in our pic nics on Como lake, in fact the precious part of this dish is that the risotto stays light and perfect even when it’s warm outside!
This time my suggestion for the wine is a red wine very creamy and hard – Sforzato from Valtellina, a very north region in Italy!
I’m sure you will love the wine and the risotto, especially under a tree with family or friends!
- 400 g Carnaroli or arborio rice
- 10/12 zucchini flowers
- 1 shallot
- 1 glass of white wine
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 generous cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil,
- 1 knob of butter
- salt and pepper
- Clean and wash the zucchini flowers and cut them into slices
- Chop the onion
- In a large pot put the olive oil and the onion
- Fry the onion adding a couple of tablespoons of water
- Add the zucchini flowers
- Add the rice and toast , stirring with a wooden spoon for a few minutes
- Add the white wine and let it evaporate over high heat , stirring constantly
- Lower the heat, add the vegetable broth a little constantly and finish cooking the rice. It will take about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add grated Parmesan cheese and butter
- Stir the rice well
- Enjoy your zucchini flower recipe and Buon appetito from Easy Italian Cuisine!