Stuffed eggs recipe with pesto, parmesan and balsamic vinegar
This simple tasty and delicious stuffed eggs recipe in my interpretation of one of my dad specialties: he was used to prepare the stuffed eggs on Sunday, and decorated to them as funny puppies to enjoy me and my brother when we were kids, and then did the same for my two sons.
So anytime I prepare the stuffed eggs, I remember of my father and his capability to engage with kids: he was truly special.
This recipe is very special during Easter, it can be prepared in a very easy way and the eggs can be kept in the refrigerator an entire day without losing freshness and taste. It is the perfect appetizer with the family for the Good Friday meal.
You can pair this dish with a white wine, maybe something from Sardinia (an island in Italy) like Vermentino DOC, or with some freshly squeezed juice loke pomegranade and peach! This two kind of very sweet beverages are perfectly in contract with the salty accent of the pesto!
Per each stuffed eggs recipe you need:
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of pesto sauce (can be basil pesto, almonds pesto or Sicilian pesto)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of Parmesan
- 1 cherry tomato
- few drops of glaze balsamic vinegar of Modena
- Boil the eggs for 15 / 20 minutes and keep them cold
- Carefully peel them and cut them in half
- Put the pesto in a cup, add oil and Parmesan and mix well
- Add the yolk of the hard-boiled eggs and mix with a fork
- Use the cream you prepared to stuff the whites of the eggs as they are little cups
- Press and model the stuff with a wet tablespoon
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and use them to decorate the eggs
- Add few drops of glaze balsamic vinegar of Modena
- Let it rest for at least one hour in the fridge and serves
- Enjoy your stuffed eggs recipe and Buon appetito with Easy Italian Cuisine!
Mmm…looks lovely! Wonderful colours!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks my dear!