Asparagus muffin recipe with Ricotta and Parmesan
In the spring asparagus gets its best, and this asparagus muffin recipe is designed in order to intensify the pure taste of asparagus together with the soft touch of ricotta and the harder aftertaste of Parmesan.
This asparagus muffin is perfect as an appetizer, better if paired with an Italian sparkling Prosecco.
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 shallot
- 1 stalk of celery tender
- 1 small carrot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 250 grams (2 cups) of ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoon of passata to decorate
- extra virgin olive oil
- Clean the asparagus: remove the tips (about 2 or 3 cm) and put them aside
- Clean the asparagus stalks with a vegetable peeler and cut into pieces
- Chop the stems with carrot, shallot and celery with a food processor
- Roast the sauce made with the mixer and the tips with the whole clove of garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil and salt, for about 15 minutes in order to make it crisp
- Put aside the tips and remove the garlic
- Put the sauce in a bowl and let it cool for 5 minutes
- In the meantime, whisk the egg white
- Put the sauce set aside before, ricotta, yolks and 2 tablespoons of grated Parmesan in the food processor and mix again
- Gently add the eggs white and mix
- Add a little grated nutmeg, according to your personal taste.
- Pour the creamy mixture in a muffin pan and bake at 160 C degrees (320 F degrees) for 45 minutes
- Serve the flan with asparagus tips, and decorate with some drops of passata around the plate
- Enjoy your asparagus muffin recipe and Buon appetito from Easy Italian Cuisine!