Easter lamb recipe with eggs and peas: Apulian traditional dish
During Easter the main Italian tradition brings to the table the lamb, this Easter lamb recipe wants to give you the possibility to taste the real Apulian cuisine for the holiday.
This recipe is the perfect main course to taste with the family, it is a complete, nutrient and kosher dish.
Together with this recipe we suggest a strong red wine from the center of Italy as Brunello di Montalcino, from Montalcino in Tuscany
Below there is what you need to prepare your Easter lamb recipe:
- 1 and a half kg of lamb chop
- 2 cloves of garlic (optional)
- 1 large shallot
- half a cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups dry white wine
- 2cans of peas
- 6 eggs
- 200 grams of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, salt to taste
- Chop the shallot
- Clean the meat well, removing as much fat as you can
In a nonstick pan, put the oil, the chopped shallots and the meat
- Sauté well, add salt and 2 glasses of white wine
- Put the lid on and cook for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add lemon juice and add the other 2 cups of white wine
- Continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the meat falls off from his bones
- Meanwhile, put the eggs, grated Parmesan and peeled and finely chopped raw garlic and whip well for 5 minutes
- Tip: try and remove from the pan as many bones as you can. This will help to eat and taste it!!!
- Add the peas and cook for 15 minutes
- Add the whipped eggs with the parmesan and stir well
- Turn off the heat and let the chicken melt with the eggs
- Enjoy your Easter lamb recipe and Buon Appetito with Easy Italian Cuisine!