Tuna pasta with capers, black olives and backed tomatoes
Tuna pasta can be cooked in many different ways. Today I want to share a very easy and fast way to have a yummy tuna pasta: with capers, balck olives and backed tomatoes.
This recipe comes from the south of Italy, where tunas are very easy to find on the main fish markets. The fresh tuna mixed with other typical products of that area (e.g. capers and olives) is simply amazing.
You can find my recipe for backed tomatoes here: my suggestion is to use those backed tomatoes, otherwise you can use regular backed tomatoes or passata.
Together with this dish I suggest a dry white wine from Sicily as Prio from Marsala, with a characteristic almost yellow color!
- Half a kg (1 pound) of pasta penne
- Half a kg (3 cups) tomato sauce in the oven (here is the link to the recipe ) or 3 cups passata
- 2 tablespoons capers with their brine
- 2 tablespoons black olives
- 200 grams (2 cups) of tuna in oil
- Boil the water
- In the meantime in a nonstick pan wok like put the backed tomato sauce or the passata and capers with their brine. If you use the passata add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil , which is already there instead if you use tomatoes made by you
- Heat over low heat
- When the water boils, add salt and the pasta. Cook it for half the time it takes to cook al dente
- Transfer the partially cooked pasta in the sauce pan using a ladle colander and keeping the cooking water. Continue cooking the pasta, stirring well and adding some of the cooking water if needed
- At the very last minute add the crumbled tuna and olives
- Stir, and turn off the heat
- Enjoy your Tuna Pasta and Buon Appetito with Easy Italian Cuisine!
I think we’ll enjoy this recipe very much 🙂
That looks delicious!
LikeLiked by 1 person