Handmade Italian gnocchi recipe with ricotta and spinach
This time I wanted to prepare a different Italian gnocchi recipe: special with ricotta and spinach!
This dish is made following a traditional authentic recipe, from Tuscany the region of sun and sunflowers.
This different way to prepare gnocchi makes them light and soft. What’s more… it is vegetarian and definitely tasty and yummy!
- 250 grams of boiled spinach
- 250 grams of fresh ricotta cheese
- 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoon of pine nuts
- 4 leaves of sage
- 2 eggs
- 1 clove of garlic
- Chop the garlic
- Boil the spinach in hot water for 15 minutes, squeeze them and put them in a bowl
- Put the garlic and the oil in a pan, pass the spinach in the pan until it is seasoned
- Remove the garlic, chop the spinach coarsely with a knife or a crescent and place them back in a bowl
- Drain well ricotta trying to eliminate as much as possible the liquid
- Put together the drained ricotta cheese, flour, egg, Parmesan, salt, and a generous grating of nutmeg and mix
- Add the spinach and mix well to obtain a homogeneous mixtureas base of the spinach gnocchi
- Lightly flour a work surface. With a teaspoon take a dose of the mixture and place on floured surface. The flour will adhere perfectly and it will be easier to get a small meatball, rolling the mixture gently on the work surface well floured. Repeat using all the mixture
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan melt the butter with a little bit of broth, a few sage leaves and the pine nuts and cook until you get a consistency somewhere between the liquid and the buttery
- Boil the gnocchi gnudi in boiling salted water for 10 minutes
- Using a slotted spoon arrange the dumplings on a tray previously moistened with a few drops of the compound broth and butter
- Sprinkle the gnocchi with the butter and pine nuts sauce and if you wish Parmesan cheese and serve
- Enjoy your Italian gnocchi recipe and Buon appetito from Easy Italian Cuisine!