Hearts of palm salad with corn, avocado and chickpeas
This is my way of preparing a fantastic hearts of palm salad, modified from my dearest friend Susanna’s with heart of palm, corn, and avocado – and as personal touch I also add chickpea.
The idea is to mix different type and taste of vegetables to obtain a tasty full of aftertaste salad. We got the light and fresh touch of the hearts of palm. the sweetness of the corn and the hard feeling and the crispiness of the chickpeas. Everything kept together by the creaminess of the avocado and the sparkling texture of the lemon.
This salad is very easy (15 minutes), and it will be a surprising starter or sidedish perfect with fish, cheese or grilled meat.
As a perfect partner I see a intense and fruity white wine, maybe a wine for appetizer as Pinot Grigio from Alto Adige, a region in the north of Italy close to the border with Switzerland.
- 6 hearts of palm
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 cup of cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup of canned corn
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of wild mustard (the one with the seeds)
- Cut the hearts of palm in slices and put them in a bowl
- Drain the corn and chickpeas and add to the hearts of plam, mix well
- Wash the organic lemon and grate the skin, add to the other ingredients
- Add oil and mustard, mix well
- Chop the avocado and add it to the other ingredients
- Let it rest in the fridge at least an hour and then serve
- Enjoy your hearts of palm salad and Buon appetito from Easy Italian Cuisine!