Baked cod with asparagus tied with chives
A big part of the traditional italian cuisine is mixing sea products and ground veggies. Here, my friends, you can see an example of that: baked cod with asparagus.
It is really important when you mix fish and veggies to protect the soft taste of the fish, this recipe tries and exalts the white pure taste of the cod with the green tickling taste of the asparagus.
I love to prepare this recipe for Easter, because it is healthy and respects every kosher rule linked with that celebration. It is also very appropriate for kids, because the cod is one of the most nutrient white fish.
What to add? Oh yes, the wine.. White fish –> White wine so what’s better than a soft wine from the Alto Adige (north of Italy) as Pinot Grigio
- 6 cod fillets skinless
- 18 fresh asparagus
- some chives
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- Blanch the asparagus in a little water for 7 minutes
- Keep the boiled water and boil quickly also the chives
- Remove the chives, add salt to the water and keep the water (we will need it later)
- Slice the final part of the asparagus
- Slice the garlic
- Arrange the fish fillets on a work surface
- Place on each fillet 2 or 3 asparagus spears
- Roll the fish around the asparagus and tied each roll with a chive
- In a pan, fry the chopped asparagus and garlic finals with 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- Add a glass of water for cooking asparagus and let it evaporate over high heat. Keep cooking until the asparagus pieces are almost fully cooked, adding in case more cooking water
- Add the rolls, fry and finish cooking with white wine. Season with salt if needed, add freshly ground pepper if you like
- Serve them, pouring on top the sauce still in the pan and with the asparagus slices
- Enjoy your baked cod and Buon Appetito with Easy Italian Cuisine!